Sport is an important part of life for many Jamaicans both in and out of school. The Diploma in Coaching is designed to harness the talents of men and women who have excelled in the field of sport. These persons seek to make a contribution in coaching by unlocking the potential of prospective athletes with the objective of maximizing their performance. In order to ensure that these talented youngsters/individuals are guided correctly, those who coach them must attain the requisite qualifications. The Diploma in Coaching fulfills this objective.
The areas included in the programme are Sports Sciences, English Language, Psychology, Social Studies, History of Sport, Mathematics, Personal Development, and Practicum.
- Persons who are now coaching various sporting disciplines
- Persons interested in coaching and need to make the first step in gaining qualifications.
- Elite athletes
- Four (4) subjects at the C.X.C/G.C.E. inclusive of English Language.
- Mature Entry: Five years of coaching
- Special Entry: Elite Athletes